Low in Calories, High in Goodness
We all love to treat our dogs, but if we need to keep their weight down, these treats are the business.
Principal Ingredients And Their Health Benefits For Your 4-Legged Family Member:
We buy free-range rabbits which are hunted (not poisoned) from over-populated rabbit populations in farms and country estates in and around Lincolnshire.
Rabbit meat offers many benefits over other meat sources, including:
- a high percentage of easily digestible protein
- contains little fat compared to other meats
- almost cholesterol free and therefore heart patient-friendly
- sodium content of rabbit meat is comparatively less than other meats
- calcium and phosphorus contents of rabbit is more than other meats (source)
Is it important that we use rabbits that are free-range rather than mass-farmed? Animals that are free to graze on grass, outside in the sunshine (UK weather permitting!) have improved vitamin D levels and are less likely to be stuffed full of the kinds of drugs that some food-industry animals are routinely given.
Dogs however, get their vitamin D principally from their food source, not from lazing around in the sun (source). So, if a dog’s meat source comes from animals that are reared in large barns, fed processed food, given high amounts of medicine and never see the light of day, your pooch isn’t likely to get great quality protein.
Broccoli and Green Beans
Broccoli and Green Beans are lower glycemic veggies which help keep the calories down. There is evidence that green beans can help promote weight loss. What’s more, they contain fibre, manganese and vitamins C and K. Increasing the fibre in your dog’s diet can help when bowel movements are a concern, since fibre helps ease constipation and assists in weight loss.
Coconut oil can help balance the thyroid and assist with weight loss, plus it helps improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
It also has a host of other health benefits, including
– improving cognitive function in older dogs
– antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
– eases inflammation and can help with the discomfort of arthritis
– reduces bad breath
– helps to expel parasites
– assists in the healing of digestive disorders such as inflammatory bowel syndrome
Game playing with your dog
Take a look at our suggested games to play with your dog, using our treats.
See our range of treats here.